Thursday, February 21, 2008
Thinking ahead
I ran into Gail Quan yesterday before class. Gail has tutored me in studying/outlining my classes, and also has great career advice. I told her about the Protection & Advocacy Inc. interview I had 2 weeks ago, and that it's likely that I'll get the fall internship there. Gail had lots of ideas of where to find grant money, including Equal Justice America. We also talked about my post-graduation plans, even though they're at least a year off. I told her that I hope to work at PAI as an attorney for a few years before launching my own small firm, or joining an existing small firm. Gail says that PAI always needs attorneys and has a great reputation for helping people get started. Pay, however, is very low, maybe $30,000/year. Although I knew about the Skadden post-graduate fellowship, Gail had other suggestions. She is a wonderful resource at Golden Gate.