After a bit of email back-and-forth, we choose our firm name and type, The Law Offices of BGK, LLP. Jeff has lots of great ideas, and is getting a logo made for us. Susan has the experience of being an attorney and a passionate advocate. I have technical expertise and resources (software). We'll be a good team. We're thinking about whether to take the case or not. Susan says it's not in her area. I'm inclined to say no, because the clients are underfunded and in way over their heads. Jeff is going to create an analysis for us to consider.
As a team, we have to ensure that we communicate well, and particularly that Susan understands the class discussion. For example, I shared my Excel timesheet workbook with my partners--my husband programmed a formula to convert hours/minutes to the required increments. Susan emailed that she didn't understand the class discussion about the spreadsheet. I was surprised, because it was discussed in class and an example was on the whiteboard. She also had some problem with my spreadsheet, so I sent her the formula for the cells. Fortunately she isn't shy about asking for clarification.