Monday, January 14, 2008

First readings

The Foonberg introduction describes the technological changes and staffing changes, beginning with Sumaria (tablets) to the current Internet age. It's interesting, in that I always enjoy historical context, and probably meant to show that setting up a law office is easier than it appears to be. Good! because just thinking about the financial end is intimidating. Although I have QuickBooks Pro--because it came with the computer--my mind doesn't go there easily.

Fortunately Foonberg is very accessible. The text both readable and practical. This is one text that I'll probably read completely, several times.

I've got the other ABA text. The Harvard Law Bulletins are buried on the TWEN site. That makes me think of "The Paper Chase," which I read over the weekend. (Oh the paranoia of 1L).

Harvard Law articles:
-Bridge-building for the future
-The source on outsourcing
-Traffic on the off-ramp
-The coming wave

See also:
Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes

Three questions for a strategist